July 28, 2012

Crappenings

Saw a fun topic on LSF so I was like snap, but by the time I got enough nerve up to join the discussion the thread had been locked so I was like crap.

I'll leave my two cents here on account of it being VN-related.

Character sprites
3/10
Nothing to see here. XD

BGs
1/10
Yeah no.

CGs
2/10
I like drawing these most 'cos I draw...webcomics. I'm going to call them webcomics, I feel bad for lying.

Coding
Ha.

Writing
2/10
Points for trying.

Music
1/10
I can make Twinkle Twinkle Little Star sound like a whole other song, but I like to monkey around with my harmonica and clappers anyway. In school bands I play the cowbell. No seriously, I do.

Marketing
HA.

It was drizzling outside when I did the finishing touches on this pic. Unfortunately the universe decided I just wasn't allowed to be that cool and the shower turned into a thunderstorm followed by a loud rumble that gave me awful flashbacks to the last blackout as I sat through caves revisited; fortunately it was a false alarm. The power soon restored itself, at which point I noticed I didn't save. /gross sobbing

Back to the drawing board.

4 comments:

  1. what is this crap! i haven't played any games of yours yet but your art categories should be waaaaaay higher. probably in the 9's or 10's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;A; Thank you! I guess this is what they mean by we're our own worst critics, haha. I had to be honest with myself, though; I make a shitonne of mistakes, and they motivate me to do better. I want to be able to give the art in this VN a solid 4 someday. XD

      But 1/10 for BGs is QFT. How I wish I could add that extra 0.5 without feeling dirty lol.

      Delete
  2. Comparing your character art to other indie game developer's artwork I'd give you a 8-9 and even compared to commercial game artwork you'd still get a solid 6 from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, well, well, if it isn't 9:19 replying in her typical timely fashion. OTL I'm so sorry.

      Thank you, miruki! Your comment made my day! Here's a quick update on the happenings:

      GUI: 80% come back brain I'll be gentle
      Script: 50-70% split between Yong and Yao
      Coding: pshaw
      BGs: 30% but the number is afflicted with the curious case of Benjamin Button

      Rejoice! I haven't been slacking! ...Much.

      Delete